Saturday 15 January 2011

Son's Birthday Card

Son-Of-Mine hit the big 1-3 this week...

I had been hoping I'd have a few days to create his card but the tricksy teen decided to be ill so I in fact had the grand total of ... 3 hours....

I had soo many ideas but had to throw them all away in favour of this card, which I had the idea of creating to illustrate his 'geeky' PC and game loving side and his love of Football...




The images are taken from the Smirk paper pack and the backing was from Crafters Companion Birthday cd printed straight onto the card. The ribbon didn't work so well but I ran out of time..

..but he adored it so ho-hum Mum Did Good....

Challenges:

CES- no designer papers
Totally Papercrafts- Happy Birthday
Crafty Creations- New Beginnings (*sniff he's a teenager....*)

xxx

8 comments:

  1. Such a fab card, love the images.
    Thank you for joining us at CES Challenges & good luck.
    Hugs Emma x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet he loved it! I didn't realise his birthday was coming up. I'll pop something on the post - apologise for me wont you Myz? My head is all over the place at the mo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ya
    hope he is feeling better,
    fabulous card,fun images,thank you for joining us at Totally Papercrafts & CES this week, hope to see you next time, sue,x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hiya

    lovely card, perfect for any boy :O) thanks for joining us at TPC

    Joey x

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow this is gorgeous, thank you for joining our challenge at CES.
    Hugs kaylou xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card, I'm sure it cheered him up no end!! Thanks for joining us at CES challenges, Juliexx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card missus. I love the smirk images and the poem inside is brilliant :) Bet your looking forward to it all coming true - not!! Belated Happy Birthday to Corey :) Jaqui x

    ReplyDelete