Wednesday 26 February 2014

Nearly Christmas!

..ok not really but I gave myself a personal challenge this week to enter challenges given to me by Di.
 
The cross stitches were done in less silly hand type times and are from the tiny tidings books I have .I love Lizzie Kate!!! ...but they never found their way into a frame or anything so were sitting in my Christmas box next to my sitty chair in the front room. Quick rummage and I found papers and embellies to match. Woo
 
The first one has papers that are tis the season (dovecraft?) Green stickles and other embellies from my christmas stashy box. Paper edged with dovecraft natural ink.
 


The second one is very girlie and the paper is again edged with dovecraft natural and is from the Nitwits Still joyful hearts. Glittery ribbon and stars and gems from a Margaret Sherry christmas collection I got free from a magazine years ago

See? If you have loads of Christmas tat in a box you can make a card with matching colours very easily.....thaaat must be why I kept every little bit of tat I got in cheap bundles even though I thought I would probably never use it. Hoarder,dear? Me dear? Noooo dear.... I'm thrifty ;-)

CraftyHazelnut's Christmas Challenge- Use a Sentiment (if the merry Christmas sitcker counts lol)

13 comments:

  1. Your lovely bits of stitching take me back to years ago when I used to do a lot of cross stitching. It was really how I started card making because it was a good way to use all the little designs that I liked to stitch.
    You have two lovely cards here and I like the swirly holly embossing folder You used in the second one.
    Jean x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there and WELCOME TO RUDOLPH DAY!? Thanks for entering these two beautifully stitched and very fun cards.

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous stitched card, I love all things Lissie Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely idea. They look fabulous xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for entering your lovely cross stitched card for CHNC challenge 165 - hope to see you again soon x

    ReplyDelete
  6. You could also enter this into my CHNC challenge extra for February - I'd love to see it there too. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. My what a great change from the normal Christmas cards, these are fabulous.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute, cute, cute!

    I love the second one as sometimes that is just how I feel lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous!! well done on getting things finished :D and entered into the challenges x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Like my sister Jean, (First comment above), I too used to make little cross stitch pieces for cards. It is a long time since I did one though. These are both great cards. I am like you. I hoard all sorts of freebies that don't appeal to me at all when I get them, and is it surprising how many of them I do use in the end. So keep being 'thrifty'. I is worth it! Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like that--I'm not a hoarder, I'm just thrifty. I just adore these cards with the cross stitch on them. So special!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Back again with my design team hat on...
    Your cards are so lovely. I know there is so much work put into each stitch and it has so paid off!
    Thank you for joining us this month at Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge Extra.
    Maureen aka Scrappymo!

    ReplyDelete